Who We Are
Qatar Academy Msheireb has 369 students enrolled from Pre-3 to Grade 5. 92.1% of the students are Nationals of Qatar and the remaining 7.9% represent 16 different nationalities, including American, Argentinian, Australian, Bahraini, Egyptian, Emirati, French, Indian, Iranian, Jordanian, Omani, Saudi, Sudanese, Syrian and Turkish.
Qatar Academy Msheireb prides itself on hiring skilled and knowledgeable staff who are internationally qualified and experienced and who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children. As an accredited IB PYP School and a CIS accredited school, QAM is able to attract quality staff internationally who embrace the school’s vision and personify the school’s core values, Creative, Achieving, Responsible, Empathetic, Solution Seekers.
Parent Teacher Association
Qatar Acacemy Msheireb believes that home-school partnerships are characterized by: A belief that schools, families and students share the responsibility for student success, a commitment to joint action, a student focus, and are socially responsble and focus on building collaborative realtionships based on mutual respect.
The recently established QAM PTA is a partnership between QAM parents and staff, and strives to enhance student learning and enrich the lives of students in the school. Furhter to this, it provides a forum for parents to gain a deeper understanding of the school, and a platform for the sharing of perspectives about what is happening, promoting parent agency.
Over the course of the year the PTA hosts a range of social events and activites with the aim of strengthening home-school partnerships, and in turn deepening the sense of belonging for all members of the school community.
|PS3 & PS4||KG – G5|
|School starts||7:10 am||7:10 am|
|Dismissal time||11:50 am||1:50 pm|
|Dismissal on Tuesdays||12:40 pm||12:40 pm|
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
- PS3 & PS4 students go to classrooms with parents between 6:45 am and 7:10 am
- KG – G5 students arrive in B1 and move, independently, to classrooms between 6:45am and 7:10 am.
School Staff provide supervision on B1 Level and in the corridors from 6:45 am.
To enable the best possible learning outcomes students must attend school on time, every day. A late pass is required for entry to classrooms after 7:10 am.
- PS3 & PS4 collected from classrooms at 11:50 am (12:40 pm on Tuesday)
- KG, G1, G2, G3, G4 collected from classrooms at 1:50 pm (12:40 pm on Tuesday)
- G5 (and siblings) collected from B1 Level at 1:50 pm (12:40 pm on Tuesday)
Supervision after school is limited. Children must be collected on time.
The school attendance policy clearly outlines consequences for habitual tardiness and late pickup. Click to read attendance policy
As per Qatari law, seat belts should be used: We ask that all students of Qatar Academy Msheireb arrive with seatbelts on, and that seatbelts be fastened before they drive away.
CAR PARK ETIQUETTE
To ensure safety, and efficient traffic flow:
- Please follow directions of QF Security Staff at all times
- Cars must drive to the farthest drop off zone before passengers alight
- Children are to be let out on the curb side of the car
- Passengers be prepared to leave vehicles promptly upon arrival
- If parking, use designated parking areas. Please turn ignition off.
- Children must be accompanied and fully supervised in the Car Park
Your cooperation is expected and appreciated to provide a safe atmosphere for your children. Please discuss this information with your driver as well.
- QF Attendance policy will be strictly enforced starting the first day of school.
- Students may enter classrooms from 6:45am ready for lessons to commence at 7:10am
- Student attendance is recorded electronically by the class teacher up until 7:10am
- When arriving late or outside normal arrival time students must collect a tardy pass. The receptionist electronically records student attendance of tardy students.
- Any student arriving in the classroom after 7:10am without a slip is to be returned to Reception to collect a tardy pass.
- Parents must seek approval from the principal before students can leave during school hours. Students leaving the campus during school hours must leave via Reception so that they are electronically signed out.
- The receptionist will track students who are late on a regular basis and parents will be contacted as per the attendance policy.
During student absence, provision of learning materials is NOT an expectation for teachers. Extended leave for medical purposes is an exception
For information about the fee structure for the 2022-23 academic year please click on the following: Fee Schedule
Our school website is updated regularly with important announcements, news, calendars, and other information about the school. Please visit the website regularly: www.qam.qa
FOOD AND DRINKS
Nutritionally balanced, healthy food choices are provided for students at school. There is no need to bring any food to school. The School Cafeteria can cater for food allergies. If a child has food allergies, a medical certificate with full details of the allergies must be provided to the school nurse. Each child should bring their own, reusable, water bottle to school.
QAM Food Services
Qatar Academy Msheireb has a school cafeteria which provides healthy lunches and snacks. Students are encouraged to eat nutritious lunch so they are better able to concentrate and learn.
Therefore, the following items must not be brought into school:
- Carbonated drinks, e.g. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Fanta, etc.
- Energy drinks, e.g. Red Bull.
- Sweets, e.g. lollipops, chocolate, candy, chewing gum
- Sunflower seeds/chips
Food may only be consumed in the cafeteria area or other designated areas of the school building.
SPECIAL DIETARY Needs
The school cafeteria provides snacks and lunches for the students and no outside food is allowed unless the student has written permission by a doctor to bring food from home. Students diagnosed with Diabetes may also carry a snack in their bag. Students with special dietary needs due to medical conditions/allergies will have a health plan and the specific needs will be documented on the plan. The nurse will be responsible for notifying the cafeteria, teachers, and administration of any special dietary requirements.
Please do not hesitate to contact the nurse at any time if you have any questions.
Students are expected to wear the full school uniform every day. On the day students have Physical Education, they wear the PE uniform. No PE uniform, no PE lesson. Black shoes are to be worn with the regular uniform and sports shoes with the PE uniform.
QAM uniforms can be purchased from the QF distributor (Noble House).
Noble House is delighted to announce that the complete range of uniform options for the 2022/23 academic year is available. Uniforms can be purchased via the online shopping services, all families are encouraged to place their order well in advance via Noble House online shop. For further details, please get in touch with the Noble House team at 4039 0264 / 33813328, or email email@example.com
Please click on the following link: uniform to access the catalog of the approved designs.
Visit www.noblehouseqatar.com; select your school and enter the
code INT18759, and you are ready to shop.
Regular attendance, and arrival at school on time, every day, is important to maximize learning opportunities. It is an expectation for all QAM students, and a commitment requested by QAM parents. To meet this commitment, parents are advised to schedule appointments for their children outside of school hours, whenever possible.
Absence: If your child will be absent, please inform the school receptionist before 7:15 am via Telephone at +974 4454 2116, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and as a courtesy cc your child’s homeroom teacher.